Bootki, Vaar! , Fok?

Sailing weekend, you might have heard about it, might not.
Really short: 15 Kbers, 4 polyvalks, and an island.

So in traditional Koornbeurs fashion everything was planned extremely well, with even members of the Bootki only discovering the plan for the weekend during the trip. We were going to be sailing on Polyvalks with crews of four people, under the guidance of Grand Admiral Sinaasappel, To an island in the Tjeukemeer, and sail back the next day.

For those of you that don’t know what a Polyvalk looks like here is a picture:

Most of Friday was spent on the arrival and getting groceries. With dinner being fries and snacks from the snack bar, all the while enjoying games and good vibes. After dinner we didn’t really have any plans, so we split up between a group who went to the local cafe and a group which went to the beach to sit there and have fun. After which we went to bed on time so we would all be awake the next day to sail. (you can guess how well that went.)

On saturday we started off with breakfast consisting of pancakes and bread, with the coffee coming after people managed to wake up. So a bit later than expected we packed up all our stuff into the boats, and went onto our merry way. Unfortunately for us the weather was not as nice as was hoped for and there was a thunderstorm along our path so we spent a bit of the early morning planning around that with grand admiral Sinaasappel giving this amazing pose:

But in the end after a little bit of hiding from the rain, and me ramming a ship into a sandbank. We got to the island where Nino and Charlie cooked an amazing dinner, of which I distinctly remember using a kutpul to put it on my plate. After dinner we cleaned up and went to the beach to create a fire and drink some schippersbitter, and beer.

So after waking up the next day after having a bit of sleep we started sailing back to the place where we hired the boats, so we would be back on time to hand them in. Unfortunately for us the weather decided that it was going to have thunderstorms, and everyone was far too tired to sail the last part back into the wind. So we ended up going back on motor, when someone decided that we could bind the boats together for the final group pictures with the captains of the ships on the back and the rest in front:

Well that was my little talk about sailing weekend.

Hope to see you next year, we will either be going the 23rd till the 25th of august, or the 30th of august till the 1st of september, this depends on when the OWEE will be, because we don’t want to go directly after the owee.