Blurred.

It seems that when a part of us hurts, we touch it as if touching it would ease the pain.
It’s like letting your body know it’s not alone.
We squeeze our chests when we experience heartbreak. We press on our wounds to stop the bleeding.
We put our hands on our forehead when we have a headache and we grasp our rumbling stomachs at the times it would sting.
But what do you touch when you don’t know where the hurt is?
When it’s a constant dreadful feeling of misunderstanding your body and what it’s telling you.
I always describe my mood as uncertain, I don’t know what hurts and why so I grab my chest, my head, and my stomach in hopes of understanding it.
I keep hoping that if I hold the part that coincidentally hurts I’ll understand and be able to fix it but everything hurts,
everything’s blurred.

Joyce v W

Are you dealing with feelings of depression? You are not alone! The Koornbeurs is there for you! You can always approach confidential advisors (Susan or Job right now), or a board member. You could also call 113. This government site also contains a lot of useful information.

Kamp jij met depressieve gevoelens? Je bent niet alleen! De Koornbeurs is er voor je! Je kunt altijd naar een vertrouwenspersoon (op dit moment Susan of Job) stappen, of naar een bestuurslid. Ook kun je bellen met 113. Deze site van de rijksoverheid bevat ook veel goeie informatie.